Recently I was asked my tips on preventing burn out, so I thought I would include my response here as well.
Burn out is real and it plagues so many of us.
Here are a few of my tips to help prevent it.
1.Proper nutrition. I make sure I feed and nourish my body well.
2. I make sure I make the time to get my workouts in. It can be as easy as going for a walk.
3. Connecting with family and friends.
4. Taking time off. We all need vacation, no matter how much we love what we do, we have to make time for a reset.
5. Proper rest. I make sure I am getting a good nights sleep. I like to take my magnesium at night, it contributes to a great nights rest. The CALM product is good product to help with sleep.
6. I definitely make sure I have recovery days in my schedule.
7. Setting boundaries is another way to prevent /help with burn out. It is OK to say NO at times.
We have to listen to what our mind and body needs. Take care of YOU. Self care is not selfish, it is a necessity.
How do you prevent burn out? Let me know in the comments.